Back in the day when smartphones were new there was a Blackberry App called “5001 Fun Facts”. I don’t know if it still exists, but at the time it was great! That free app gave the information for this massive collection of crazy statistics to be put together! A few years later an Android app came out called “10,500+ Cool Facts” which was also used to put some of this data here.
Obviously this is only one page so there aren’t millions of interesting scientific things here. But it’s still super fun! Remember though that some of these may not actually be true, don’t blame ChuckleBuzz, you know what the world is like!
There is an app for everything! And that includes incredible stats.
Enough of the jibber jabber, let’s get into the juicy stuff.
List of crazy facts and history stuff!
- An adulterous Greek male was sometimes punished by removal of his pubic hair and the insertion of a radish into his rectum.
- In Atlanta, GA, USA, it is illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.
- It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories per hour.
- Coca-cola is green without coloring.
- 0.3% of all accidents in Canada involve a Moose.
- The longest place name is in New Zealand, it is Tetaumatawhakatangihangakoauaotamateaurehaeaturipukapihimaungahoronukupok. Can you read it out loud?
- Cows can have regional accents.
- A Cow farts enough each day to fill 30 party balloons.
- The average adult produces about half a litre of gas per day, which results in an average of about 14 farts per day – silent or violent!
- Crocodiles cannot stick their tongues out.
- Leeches have 32 brains each.
- Your body odor is unique to you, unless you have an identical twin.
- Only 30% of people can flare their nostrils. Can you?
- 29% of people are virgins when they get married.
- The average woman spends 1 year of her lifetime deciding what to wear. The average man spends half a lifetime fearing to tell the truth about what women wear. (Psst we don’t care, if we think you’re hot you’ll look hot in anything).
If you love these sorts of stats and want deeper reading, get yourself a QI book because they’re brilliant. The perfect sort of book to dip in and out of when you’ve got bits of spare time to kill but don’t want to read for hours.
While you’re here if there are any statistics here you think a friend would like either copy and paste them directly over to them or share the link so they can see everything. It may help them beat boredom! Or if you want to be sneaky these can act as some crazy facts to tell your friends. But you’ll need a good memory.
More Amazing Stats
Okay where were we, let’s carry on with even more crazy stats and fun facts to keep this list getting bigger!
- 70% of dust in the home is from human skin.
- People photocopying their bum are the cause of 23% of all worldwide photocopier faults.
- There is no record of anyone being named “Wendy” before the Peter Pan book.
- Oxford University in the United Kingdom is older than the United States.
- Do you know where a slugs anus is? On it’s head. That’s not a joke.
- In the White House there are over 13,000 knives, forks and spoons.
- Gold is about eight times heavier than any other metal on Earth.
- Buzz Aldrin took a piss on the Moon.
- 1.3 million wildebeest migrate between Kenya and Tanzania every year.
- Most marine fish can survive in a tank filled with human blood.
- You can’t plough a cotton field with an elephant in North Carolina, USA.
- The average Italian person drinks 26 gallons of wine each year. No wonder they are such passionate people!
- 1 penny doubled every day becomes 5 million dollars in 30 days.
- Only 80% of women wash their hands when they leave the restroom.
- 30% of people refuse to sit on a public toilet seat.
- Darwin married his first cousin.
- Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
- In the 1800s people believed that gin could cure stomach problems.
- Nachos are the food most craved for by pregnant women.
- Impotence is grounds for divorce in 24 US states.
- The most common disease in the world is tooth decay.
- The UK eats more cans of baked beans than the rest of the world combined.
- A small airplane can fly backwards.
- Dell computers was started by a 19-year-old.
- When Play-Doh was invented it was supposed to be a wallpaper cleaner!
- The country of Russia has a larger surface area than the dwarf planet, Pluto.
- Astronauts cannot burp in space. There is no gravity to separate the liquid from gas in their stomachs.
- February 1865 is the only month recorded in history not to have had a full moon.
- The bible is the most shoplifted book.
- Men have nipples because, as an embryo, everyone is a female until the Y chromosome kicks in.
- World record: The longest Monopoly game in a bathtub was 99 hours long.
- You are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than a poisonous spider.
- The average human will eat 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
- Some insects can live for up to a year without their heads.
- Sheep can recognize other sheep from pictures.
- Tutankhamen penis was mummified erect.
- The average person has over 1460 dreams per year.
- The average human will grow 590 miles of hair in their lifetime.
- In Hartford, Connecticut, USA, you may not, under any circumstances, cross the street walking on your hands.
- In some smaller towns in the State of Arizona, USA, it is illegal to wear suspenders.
- Time slows down near a black hole. But speeds up when looking at cat pictures on the internet.
Let’s finish with the most incredible fact of all. Donald Trump isn’t naturally an orange human. Believe or not he wears fake-tan. Incredible!
What do you think?
Do you think all true of the facts compiled here or are some false? Comment below if you have an opinion on any of them.
Know of any more that you think should be here? They can be about animals, humans, law, science, history or anything – get in touch with us today and tell the rest of the world of your findings. Or share your thoughts or opinions on these crazy statistics, perhaps you think some of them are wrong? We do some in-depth research to find them so you better have good sources!
If you want to share this article it’d really help us out. There are also some images in the content you can share to the good folks at Pinterest!