Born in 1967 this London funny man has been around since making his 2001 debut at The Fringe. Known for focusing most of his jokes around race, this leads a few to find him offensive, but many more just find him awesomely funny!
Here are a collection of quality Stephen K Amos jokes, and below you can see a couple of clips of him in action.
- “We had 1 book, the phone book, I’ve read it, it wasn’t a great read, lots of characters, and on the end loads of polish people turn up.”
- (In response to ‘Things You’re Unlikely to Hear on a Quiz Show’) “Look at what you could have won, if you went to school.”
- “In Australia you can buy a cheese called ‘coon cheese’, did you hear what I said, ‘coon cheese’!!”
- “I love performing in front of all you wonderful people. But really, this isn’t all that. What I really want is my own show. But the BBC have very strict guidlines about ethnicity. Apparently I’ve got to wait for Lenny Henry to die.”
- “Christmases were terrible, not like nowadays when kids get everything. My sister got a miniature set of perfumes called ‘Ample’. It was tiny, but even I could see where my dad had scraped off the S”
Here is a short clip of him performing:
You may also catch Stephen making appearances on popular TV panel shows such as Mock The Week and Have I Got News For You, so keep an eye or two out for those.
Image used found via wikipedia, is released in the public domain. Copyright owned by pixuk.